- New Estrella Damm can lands in UK in time for summer
- Rik Mayall Statement
- Charles Wells announced as headline sponsor for biggest Ampthill Festival yet!
- Charles Wells Dogfish Head DNA shortlisted in the International Beer Awards 2014
- Bombardier Beer tops 100,000 Facebook fans
- Wells Banana Bread Beer Launches The Breadettes Tour in the USA
- Bombardier calls on pubs to join the campaign and help make St George’s Day a Bank Holiday
- New Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale goes on sale in UK supermarkets
- Charles Wells bring two new beers to Craft Beer Rising
- Charles Wells reduces debt in year of steady progress
- Estrella Damm goes on sale at UK’s best restaurant
- Bedford Beer Giveaway at Blues New Year Game
- New Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale goes on sale across North America
- Estrella Damm launches FC Barcelona on pack promotion
- Estrella Damm launches new 660ml bottle
- Bombardier sponsors Ashes cricket coverage on talkSPORT
- Wells & Young’s Expands Scottish Team to increase focus on McEwan’s and Younger’s brands
- Wells & Young’s announce proposal for organisational restructure
- Wells & Young’s pledges support for Cask Ale Week
- Wells & Young’s statement on Industrial action by Unite members at KNDL on-trade distribution network
- DNA New World IPA makes a comeback for September as Wells & Young’s continue to shake up seasonal ale programme
- McEwan’s Red kicks off summer sampling campaign
- Kirin Ichiban launches revolutionary new frozen beer
- Bombardier hosts cricket fan event with Matthew Hoggard in Manchester this week!
- Wells & Young’s unveils plans for Great British Beer Festival 2013!
- Wells & Young’s unveils rebrand for Young’s beer range
- Wells & Young’s Launches Hummingbird Seasonal Ale
- Premium Japanese lager Kirin Ichiban rolls out biggest ever UK sampling campaign for summer
- Estrella Damm embarks on £3.5m UK marketing campaign
- McEwan’s Red rolls onto screens during football final weekend
- New deal sees premium Japanese lager, Kirin Ichiban listed at YO! Sushi restaurants nationwide
- Bombardier beer announces partnerships with The Barmy Army and The Bunburys
- Bombardier beer and The Gorringe Park pub lead the charge for St George’s Day celebrations!
- Wells & Young’s builds on the future of Scottish ale with the launch of McEwan’s Red
- Kirin Ichiban and wagamama celebrate success in National Noodle Month promotion
- Bombardier blasts back onto mainstream TV in the run up to St George’s Day
- Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Launch International Craft Beer Collaboration
- Bombardier Salutes Comedy as the Official Sponsor of the National Funny Fokkers Comedy Tour for RAF Troops
- Revived, historic brew Courage Imperial Russian Stout makes long-awaited return to the UK
- Retro Scottish beer makes a popular comeback as Wells & Young’s revives Younger’s Tartan Special in can format
- Forget flowers, Kirin Ichiban sends out a Beer Bro-K, the ultimate Valentine’s gift for beer lovers!
- Wells & Young’s new Airman’s Ale to be served in military bars across the UK
- Charles Wells results show period of transition has laid the foundation for growth
- Bedfordshire MPs urged to show support for local beer and pub trade
- Charles Wells staff turn up the heat in charity firewalk
- Wells and Young's in Kestrel negotiations with Nigel McNally
- Wells & Young’s launches new Young’s advertising campaign to drive consumers back into the pub
- Phil Toms appointed Director of Brands at Wells and Young’s Brewing Co Ltd
- Wells Eagle Supporting Local Community Events
- Charles Wells Achieves Recognition for International Performance
- Wells & Young's Reveals Risby to Drive Sales of Iconic Scottish Brands
- Bedford Pubs Host the Eagle Ale Trail
- Save Your Pint - Sign The Beer Tax E-petition
- Wells and Young’s Brew Celebratory Birthday Beer for Keech Hospice Care
- Courage Directors "Make an Executive Decision"
- Estrella Damm is a hit on UK shores!
- Bombardier Advertising Hits Record Spend
- BOMBARDIER BEER LAUNCHES BANG ON! GUIDE TO FISHING
- Charles Wells Ltd placed in league for Top 250 Private Companies
- Wells and Young's hires following axquisition of McEwan's and Younger's ale brands
- WELLS AND YOUNG’S ACQUIRES McEWAN’S AND YOUNGER’S
- HISTORIC BREW BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE
- 'New cask drinkers offer lifeline' to struggling pubs
- BOMBARDIER BEER LAUNCHES BANG ON! GUIDE TO COOKING
- Charles Wells Ltd purchases 40% stake in Wells & Young’s Brewing Company Limited from Young and Co PLC
- Estrella Damm unveils elegant new bottle design
- Wells and Young's Gear Up for the Great British Beer Festival
- Bombardier Beer Launches Bang On! Guide to Golf
- Only the Best for Courage
- Estrella Damm reveals ‘pop-up’ gastronomic experience at ‘Taste of London’ festival
- Gold Rush for Wells and Young's
- Bombardier Beer Launches £4Million Marketing Communications Campaign
- Wells and Young's host European Beer Bloggers Convention
- Winner announced in Bombardier Beer Writing Competition
- Call for freeze on beer duty
- Firewalk for Charity
- Wells and Young's comment on Kirin Ichiban, Japan
- The Great English Knees Up
- £2,000 up for grabs in writing competition
- Wells and Young's Product Recall
- Push for Young's Bottle Conditioned Ales
- Wells and Young's Appoints Karmarama
- Charles Wells Ltd Results
- It's MO Joke as Wells and Young's celebrates Movember
- Jingle Ale the Way with Bombareindeer
- Eagle Beer Makes Its Mark At The Bedford Blues
- Ask The Brewer Part 1
- Estrella Damm Launches Cinema Adverts
- Wells and Young's Announcement
- Wells and Young's support for Keech
- Chatterbox Britain - Brits Spend Four and a Half Hours A Day in Conversation
- Young's Ram Rod makes a return to Cask
- Wells and Young's Accredit Supply Chain to ensure Best Cask Beer Quality
- Bedford's Beer Eagle swoops in for success
- Courage Appoints Boom
- Pubs Come Top in Poll of Englishness
- Young's Beers Triumph in Marketing Awards
- Bombardier Reveals Biggest Ad Campaign
- Red Stripe Launches Major Digital Push on Last.FM
- Wells and Young's is First Stop for Tory Campaign Trail
- Young's Launches £0.5 million campaign
- The Publican Awards 2010: Winners revealed
- Estrella Damm Joins Wells And Young's Speciality Beer Portfolio
- Biggest ever campaign to encourage responsible drinking announced
- Bombardier Poster Campaign Triumphs in National Ad Awards
- New Bombardier Can Completes Off-Trade Range
- Wells and Young's Add Weight to Licensed Charity Golf Tournament
- Wells and Youngs Celebrate Cask Ale Week
- Young's Launches New Beer for Cask Ale Week
- Banana Bread Beer Heads to Korea
New Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale goes on sale across North America
20th December 2013
A delectable new dessert beer, Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale from British Brewer Wells & Young’s is hitting shelves and bars this month across North America.
Created by the Master Brewers behind Banana Bread Beer and Double Chocolate Stout, Wells & Young’s new beer is based on the quintessentially British dessert Sticky Toffee Pudding. The 5% ABV beer is brewed using natural accredited mineral water and the finest ingredients to combine the rich flavours of Sticky Toffee Pudding with traditional ale to create an indulgent beer.
Karl Ottomar, Head Brewer at Wells & Young’s explains: “Our dessert ales have been a huge hit across the world and we wanted to add a new, unique flavour into the mix. Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale was a natural fit, combining a quintessentially British pudding with our brewing expertise to create a rich, smooth beer with all the warmth and aromas of a dessert but without being overly sweet.
“This is very much a beer first and a dessert second, it is brewed with our trusted pale ale malt and a secret blend of complex sugars. The initial sweetness of Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale is tempered by a gentle bitterness from two of England’s most traditional hop varieties- Fuggles and Goldings. This delivers the sweet taste of caramel and toffee along with a smooth and robust aftertaste”.
Wells & Young’s brewing expertise dates back to the 1870s when the Bedford-based brewery was founded. Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale joins an impressive lineup of traditional ales from the brewery including McEwan’s, Bombardier and the Young’s beer range, and is now on sale in four pack 330ml bottles in the USA, and 500ml bottles in Canada.
Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale has been launched just in time for Christmas, which is perfect timing as it matches perfectly with all the festive favourites including roast chicken and pork, cheese and cranberries, and rich fruit cake.
· Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale in brewed at the Wells & Young’s Brewery in Bedford, England. In the USA the beer is imported by Belukus Marketing, Inc and by Bruce Ashley Group Inc. in Canada.
· The 330ml bottle is rolling out across the USA, and the first shipment has arrived in the and is available in selected independent stores in Ohio, Virginia, Louisiana, Connecticut, Tennessee, Chicago, DC, New Jersey and North Carolina. The second shipment arrives this week, and will expand the number of listings. Check out the Belukus Marketing, Inc product locator on their website http://www.belukus.net/locator.asp. Selected National roll out is planned in May 2014 with Kroger stores.
· In Canada the 500ml bottle is currently available in ANBL Stores in New Brunswick and BCLDB Stores in BC, along with a selection of Independent stores in these areas. There will be a roll out in other provinces throughout next year.