- New deal sees premium Japanese lager, Kirin Ichiban listed at YO! Sushi restaurants nationwide
- Bombardier beer announces partnerships with The Barmy Army and The Bunburys
- Bombardier beer and The Gorringe Park pub lead the charge for St George’s Day celebrations!
- Wells & Young’s builds on the future of Scottish ale with the launch of McEwan’s Red
- Kirin Ichiban and wagamama celebrate success in National Noodle Month promotion
- Bombardier blasts back onto mainstream TV in the run up to St George’s Day
- Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Launch International Craft Beer Collaboration
- Bombardier Salutes Comedy as the Official Sponsor of the National Funny Fokkers Comedy Tour for RAF Troops
- Revived, historic brew Courage Imperial Russian Stout makes long-awaited return to the UK
- Retro Scottish beer makes a popular comeback as Wells & Young’s revives Younger’s Tartan Special in can format
- Forget flowers, Kirin Ichiban sends out a Beer Bro-K, the ultimate Valentine’s gift for beer lovers!
- Wells & Young’s new Airman’s Ale to be served in military bars across the UK
- Charles Wells results show period of transition has laid the foundation for growth
- Bedfordshire MPs urged to show support for local beer and pub trade
- Charles Wells staff turn up the heat in charity firewalk
- Wells and Young's in Kestrel negotiations with Nigel McNally
- Wells & Young’s launches new Young’s advertising campaign to drive consumers back into the pub
- Phil Toms appointed Director of Brands at Wells and Young’s Brewing Co Ltd
- Wells Eagle Supporting Local Community Events
- Charles Wells Achieves Recognition for International Performance
- Wells & Young's Reveals Risby to Drive Sales of Iconic Scottish Brands
- Bedford Pubs Host the Eagle Ale Trail
- Save Your Pint - Sign The Beer Tax E-petition
- Wells and Young’s Brew Celebratory Birthday Beer for Keech Hospice Care
- Courage Directors "Make an Executive Decision"
- Estrella Damm is a hit on UK shores!
- Bombardier Advertising Hits Record Spend
- BOMBARDIER BEER LAUNCHES BANG ON! GUIDE TO FISHING
- Charles Wells Ltd placed in league for Top 250 Private Companies
- Wells and Young's hires following axquisition of McEwan's and Younger's ale brands
- WELLS AND YOUNG’S ACQUIRES McEWAN’S AND YOUNGER’S
- HISTORIC BREW BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE
- 'New cask drinkers offer lifeline' to struggling pubs
- BOMBARDIER BEER LAUNCHES BANG ON! GUIDE TO COOKING
- Charles Wells Ltd purchases 40% stake in Wells & Young’s Brewing Company Limited from Young and Co PLC
- Estrella Damm unveils elegant new bottle design
- Wells and Young's Gear Up for the Great British Beer Festival
- Bombardier Beer Launches Bang On! Guide to Golf
- Only the Best for Courage
- Estrella Damm reveals ‘pop-up’ gastronomic experience at ‘Taste of London’ festival
- Gold Rush for Wells and Young's
- Bombardier Beer Launches £4Million Marketing Communications Campaign
- Wells and Young's host European Beer Bloggers Convention
- Winner announced in Bombardier Beer Writing Competition
- Call for freeze on beer duty
- Firewalk for Charity
- Wells and Young's comment on Kirin Ichiban, Japan
- The Great English Knees Up
- £2,000 up for grabs in writing competition
- Wells and Young's Product Recall
- Push for Young's Bottle Conditioned Ales
- Wells and Young's Appoints Karmarama
- Charles Wells Ltd Results
- It's MO Joke as Wells and Young's celebrates Movember
- Jingle Ale the Way with Bombareindeer
- Eagle Beer Makes Its Mark At The Bedford Blues
- Ask The Brewer Part 1
- Estrella Damm Launches Cinema Adverts
- Wells and Young's Announcement
- Wells and Young's support for Keech
- Chatterbox Britain - Brits Spend Four and a Half Hours A Day in Conversation
- Young's Ram Rod makes a return to Cask
- Wells and Young's Accredit Supply Chain to ensure Best Cask Beer Quality
- Bedford's Beer Eagle swoops in for success
- Courage Appoints Boom
- Pubs Come Top in Poll of Englishness
- Young's Beers Triumph in Marketing Awards
- Bombardier Reveals Biggest Ad Campaign
- Red Stripe Launches Major Digital Push on Last.FM
- Wells and Young's is First Stop for Tory Campaign Trail
- Young's Launches £0.5 million campaign
- The Publican Awards 2010: Winners revealed
- Estrella Damm Joins Wells And Young's Speciality Beer Portfolio
- Biggest ever campaign to encourage responsible drinking announced
- Bombardier Poster Campaign Triumphs in National Ad Awards
- New Bombardier Can Completes Off-Trade Range
- Wells and Young's Add Weight to Licensed Charity Golf Tournament
- Wells and Youngs Celebrate Cask Ale Week
- Young's Launches New Beer for Cask Ale Week
- Banana Bread Beer Heads to Korea
Save Your Pint - Sign The Beer Tax E-petition
31st May 2012
This important cause affects every one of us who enjoys a beer and is championed by the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA). They explain why this is such a key issue and why we’re asking for your support ...
It’s time to save your pint and fight back against this year’s budget which saw the Government continue its damaging policy of the beer duty escalator.
Rising taxation on beer is a serious and growing threat to the future of pubs. With around £1 on every pint going to the Treasury in beer duty and VAT the Government’s policy of increasing beer duty by 2% above inflation is damaging Britain’s most valued institutions causing yet more price rises at the bar, and further job losses in the sector.
Beer duty has increased by 42% since 2008 including a rise of 5% in this year’s budget.
The Scrap the Beer Duty Escalator E-petition needs 100,000 signatures in order to trigger a high profile Parliamentary debate which will put pressure on the Government to abandon the beer duty escalator in the 2013 Budget.
The beer and pub industry supports almost 1 million jobs and contributes £21 billion to UK GDP, the punitive successive tax increases will impact both breweries at production level, and drinkers at the bar.
Mike Benner, CAMRA Chief Executive, said: ‘The fact Britons are forced to pay over 40% of the EU beer tax bill, but consume only 13% of the beer sold in Europe, is remarkable.
“British beer in a pub is so heavily hit with duty and VAT, the tax man’s whirlwind hikes translate to him guzzling a third of every pint served, a shadow cast over the beer drinker depriving people of an affordable night down their local.
”Such high taxes on beer are totally unsustainable, and therefore CAMRA has launched a consumer fight back in a bid to make the Government see sense. We urge all beer drinkers to click here to get behind this new industry-backed e-petition to help safeguard the future of the beer and pub industry.
For more information, visit the CAMRA website.